Sunday, July 21, 2013

Chipotle Peach Salsa with Fresh Basil

I LOVE peaches in the summertime. I use them to make this Fruity Egg Scramble, blend them up in smoothies, or just slice them up for an afternoon snack! 

Since we always have peaches around lately, I wanted to try them in a recipe. Kevin was making salmon and a spicy bacon slaw for dinner last night so I decided to make a peach salsa. It went perfectly with the salmon, but it would also be a great compliment to chicken or as a dip for plantain chips.

                                

I prefer a chunkier salsa so I quickly pulsed the ingredients in the food processor only a few times. I would suggest doing the same and checking on it every so often until it reaches your desired consistency.

What is your favorite peachy recipe?

                                         



Chipotle Peach Salsa with Fresh Basil
Makes About 3 Cups
Time: 15 Minutes

Ingredients
2 Peaches, Quartered
15 Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
1-2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce (depending on your heat preference)
Juice of 1 Lime
Handful of Fresh Basil Leaves, Chopped
Dash of Salt and Pepper


Directions
Pulse all ingredients in a food processor to desired consistency.

If you do not have a food processor, you can finely chop the peaches, tomatoes, peppers and basil before mixing with other ingredients.