Saturday, April 27, 2013

Paleo Pen Pals April 2013 - Paleo Banana Pecan Muffins - A Guest Post from Wyatt


My pen pal stood me up this month. :( Oh well, it happens. Luckily, I am not leaving you empty handed! One of my past pen pals, Wyatt, was paired up with Kristina this month- neither of them have blogs, but Wyatt's recipe looks so yummy that I wanted to feature it here on What I Gather. Read on for Wyatt's post...

This month, Kristina gave me coconut flour.  Its a great flour substitute for Paleo baked goods, but I don't quite have the nuances down of how to use the right mixture.  So instead, I turned to the cookbook "Paleo Indulgences" by Tammy Credicott.  She's got an awesome banana-pecan recipe that in the past I've made waffles from.  On my previous attempt to make waffles, the batter kept sticking to the waffle iron, and I lost about 2/3 of the batter before I gave up.  On a whim, I decided to salvage the remaining batter and make muffins out of them.  

This worked out perfectly.  So this time, I planned to make the muffins from the get-go.


I followed her ingredient list, with the following changes: I added one more banana, and I added 1/4 cup of "life is good" chocolate chips.  I baked in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 deg.  Came out moist and yummy! The yield was exactly 1 dozen muffins.