Friday, January 25, 2013

Jalapeño Lime Chicken Sliders

Well, isn't this special? Not one, but two recipes with the Key Lime Juice from my Paleo Pen Pal this month! This time, I added a bit of the juice to a batch of mini chicken burgers along with some jalapeño, onion, cilantro and spices. I decided to go with mini burgers because I was making them for the Paleo Pitch In at ClarkFloyd CrossFit and I wanted there to be plenty to share with everybody. All of the food that everyone contributed was soooo good - jambalaya, lasagna, PaleO'Bryan, salad, soup, vegetables, and even some yummy desserts!

I tried one of everything!

These slightly spicy chicken sliders would be a perfect Paleo-friendly food for your Superbowl party. We cooked them ahead of time and warmed them in the crock pot before the meal. The recipe can easily be doubled or even tripled depending on how many you are cooking for. I like to make a lot at one time so we can have leftovers-I used the leftover burgers from the Paleo Pitch In for our breakfast this morning. I just made some eggs, heated up the burgers and topped it all with salsa and avocado.


Jalapeño Lime Chicken Sliders
 Yield: 16 - 20 Burgers
Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients
2 lb ground chicken
1 jalapeño, minced
1/4 cup minced red onion
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
2 tbsp key lime juice
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp paprika
Dash of salt and pepper


Directions
Spray grill pan with cooking spray or coat with olive oil. Heat grill pan over medium heat.

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix until thoroughly combined and then form into small patties.

Once grill pan is hot, place burgers on grill pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.