Monday, September 3, 2012

Paleo Pumpkin Chili

I made this Paleo Pumpkin Chili last week to share with the attendees of the Paleo seminar at Clark Floyd CrossFit. I wanted to bring a dish that has tons of flavor, but is also quick and easy to throw together. I also brought veggie sticks and Kevin's Spicy Tomatillo Sauce and some Paleo Brownie Bites that I plan to post the recipe for later this week.

You know I am a sucker for any meal that involves throwing everything into a crock pot and letting the slow cooker do all the work for me. The addition of pumpkin to this chili gives it a really unique flavor and, with Fall just over the horizon, I am sure I will be making it quite often.



Paleo Pumpkin Chili
Serves: 6-8
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 7 Hours
Total Time: 7 Hours, 15 Minutes

Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
1 yellow onion, diced
1 bell pepper (any color), diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1, 14.5 oz can diced, fire-roasted tomatoes
2, 4 oz cans diced green chiles
1, 15 oz can pumpkin
1 cup chicken or beef stock
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Set your slow cooker to the low setting.
Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir well.
Cook on low for 7 hours, until meat is cooked through.