Sunday, June 17, 2012

Tropical Chipotle Salsa

Did I mention I like spicy foods? Mr. What I Gather loves to make this Tropical Paleo Cereal so I stole some of his pineapple and mango and made this salsa. Because it was so tasty, he wasn't even upset with my fruit thievery. We ate this with some plantain chips from Trader Joe's, but it would also make a great topping for chicken or fish.


Tropical Chipotle Salsa
Serves 6-8

Ingredients
-1 cup pineapple, cut into large chunks
-1/2 cup mango, cut into large chunks
-1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
-1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
-1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
-juice of 1 lime
-salt and pepper to taste




Directions
-Add all ingredients into a food processor
-Using the chopping blade, pulse until coarsely chopped
-Serve with plantain chips as a snack or over fish or chicken for a tropical dinner