Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My favorite Paleo recipes

Things have still not quite calmed down since the move. I'm not sure they ever will, but the unpacking and the little projects we have taken on around the house haven't left me much time to get creative in the kitchen. I have been working on a few new recipes, but they aren't quite there yet and you deserve nothing less than perfection!

Look how happy I am when I have time to spend in the kitchen!

So, instead of forgoing sleep, exercise and my sanity in order to share a new recipe with you today, I am going to show you some of my favorite Paleo recipes. These are the meals I make pretty much every week. It is great to have a bank of recipes that I know I can throw together quickly and that I always have the ingredients on hand for. It really helps out during those times (such as now) when my free time is about zero. Besides, if I stayed up until 3:00 in the morning cooking for you, you would probably end up with some kind of chocolate covered caramelized celery sausage patties or something like that. Wait, that actually sounds kind of good...

Breakfast
Oh She Glows - Pumpkin Gingerbread Smoothie - I omit the oats and chia seeds, but this smoothie is great even without them!

Our Life in Food - Brussels Sprouts with Mexican Chorizo - I mix this up and sometimes make it with bacon instead of chorizo, a tasty breakfast either way.

What I Gather - Chipotle Salsafied Breakfast - I had to throw in one of my own. :) We make this at least twice a week. I've made it so many times that when my brain is really still sleeping in the morning I can still cook this without burning the house down.

Fresh Habits - Poblano Breakfast Hash - Paleo has really taught me to appreciate savory breakfasts, and this recipe taught me to love cabbage. Now I throw it in practically everything I make.

PaleOMG - Cranberry Sweet Potato Breakfast Cakes - OMG! I had to say it...these are amazing.

What I Gather - Quick and Easy Zucchini Breakfast - This is another that I keep coming back to. Anything to save time in the morning. This one comes together pretty quickly because you can shred the zucchini in the food processor.

Dinner
Family Circle - Moroccan Beef Stew - I omitted the flour and the couscous, but we barely noticed. It was delicious without it. It is sweet and savory and warm and...I'll stop there.

What I Gather - Jamaican Jerk Stir Fry - We make this stir fry, or some variation on stir fry, every week.

Chow Bella - Beef Taco Salad - I love making huge salads for dinner and this one is perfect if you are craving Mexican food!

What I Gather - New Mexico Paleo Pork - Mr. What I Gather takes over the kitchen for this recipe. He makes a big batch of pulled pork that we can use for breakfast or dinner. It works in a ton of other recipes.

Health Bent - Paleo Butternut Squash Lasagna - This was better than any "real" lasagna I have ever had and I will definitely be coming back for more.

What I Gather - Taco Soup - We LOVE Mexican food, which you have probably put together already looking at this list of recipes. This is a great recipe because it makes so much and you can enjoy it all week!

And when I am in need of some major inspiration, I always turn to my favorite Paleo recipe sites. If you aren't already following these guys, you should be. They all post multiple recipes every day from all over the web. You might just find your new favorite dish...

Fast Paleo
Chowstalker
Foodee Project